I knew I was missing a very important garland for my collection. Hand dyed paper doilies, of course! As usual, it is quite easy to make, and you need nothing more than a bit of patience.
What you'll need:
- paper doilies
- thread and needle
- food coloring
- Don't let the doilies in the water too long otherwise they tear
- Don't dry them flat otherwise they get too wrinkled
- I dried them on top of a heater in the shapes you see, but please be careful
- If you don't want purple looking fingers, wear gloves
- I added a lot of food coloring!!
I can dream, can't I? Unfortunately my stash of small paper doilies is running very, very low, and I couldn't make more (insert sad face here).
Have a very crafty day, and don't forget that a most wonderful surprise snail mail GIVEAWAY is going on!