Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DIY - Make Coasters With Fall Leaves

I was seriously thinking about not doing any crafts with leaves. Guess what? I just couldn't keep myself from not doing one.

I mean, have you looked out of your window and seen all those amazing leaves just turning bright and making a beautiful mess of yellow? My sister would probably answer no to this question, but she does live in Miami after all.


I went in a fabric store this past monday and when I saw this wool/tweed stuff, I thought; "Wouldn't that make a nice leaf?"




This is what you'll need:

  • fabric for the leaves, for the front and back part
  • thin felt for the middle
  • leaves that you've picked up on your walks, they are free!!
  • thread, needle, pins, scissors
  • pencil and paper
Trace your chosen leaf. Cut the template. Pin it to your fabric of choice. Cut the leaf, and stitch to the top fabric.

Cut the felt and back fabric to fit your front. Iron the back fabric to cover the felt, and then stitch the coaster using any stitch you like. I used the blanket stitch and back stitch. For really amazing sources on stitches go here or here.

Then just marvel at your hard work (ahem!) and don't forget to include one on your next letter to your pen pal. Maybe add a tea bag or two?

Or maybe just give them all to a friend who invited you to their house for dinner? OK, you get my drift. Just make some and give it away, because handmade presents are the best, don't you agree?

Have a great day and as Dottie Angel says;"Do feel a little crafty at least twice a day."
Giova

2 comments:

  1. Son divinos!!! Ademas, la taza que se coloque cerca o sobre, se luce increiblemente. Me encantan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...