Friday, October 18, 2013

Notebook Keeper or Journal Maker?

I have so many notebooks that I sometimes forget what exactly goes in which one. I've had one ever since I can remember. Memories of Hello Kitty notebook's come to mind, as well as any plain notebook lying in our house.

I've always thought that notebooks are the cheapest therapy you can get anywhere, and I've just loved every single one.

The leather one (the only leather one I own) is where I write the funny things my children say. The apple one, I kept adding for the longest time, from 2007 to 2011. I thought it was endless. The other little ones are just "grateful" or "thankful" notebooks.  I always have a lot of thanking to do.

The pink one is for washi-tape collages, the green one is "blog notes," the flowery one is my summer 2012 one, followed by my address and stamps book, the chevron one is new (I'll think of something pretty soon).

These two are from my first trip to Japan in 2008. When I travel I keep every little paper, wrapping, ticket, cards, etc...

I like looking at them. I never just forget a notebook. I've lost quite a bunch of them, so the ones that I still have, I do cherish.

 My summer 2012. It was a pretty awesome summer!  The whole notebook got filled pretty quickly.

I felt compelled to embroider the gauze when my little one broke his finger in Italy. It seemed like the right thing to do with that gauze.

I used to write much more. I'm blaming this blog for the lack of writing. When I was a teenager I needed to vent a lot (which teenager doesn't?) and keeping a journal was the best thing in the world.

Now I don't need to vent that often (I have my husband's ears for that), that's why they're there right? But I still keep at least three around, and when I can't find one, it is not a good day!

My favorite? Format 15x20 no lines, thick paper. It needs to be able to withstand a lot of "stuff."

Recently I've found the ones I bought at Atelier Giannini & Kuwata to be of exceptional quality. So if you're ever in Florence make sure to stop by their shop.

Are you a notebook keeper? If so, which is the best notebook you've ever found?

Have a great weekend.
Giova


8 comments:

  1. So many love notebooks!
    I believe I am more of a journal maker.
    At least, when I am travelling I enjoy making my own journal, decorating the front and back cover and so on. However, I do keep a little notebook with me wherever I go so I can write things down or make small sketches of what comes to my mind or crosses my way when I am on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your different notebooks
    I have one big note book that has most things in, journal, lists, addresses etc because I like it to be portable, I also have a couple of others in which I write dreams and prayers
    I really like going back and rereading what I've written and how my feelings have changed
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. And so nice that you collect special memories in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m a notebook addict too:)
    Have a great weekend
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love it that you embroidered on that gauze from Nino's broken finger! Poor little guy...
    And I am also a big notebook collector. They can be found on every shelf, in every drawer, tucked in every bag and purse and probably even under the seats in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growing up I was both a journal maker and notebook keeper. My mom collected notebooks too, and I inherited her obsession. Now I'm mostly a notebook keeper. I can't resist a cute notebook and I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have four or five active ones now, but the one I use most often is the one with my daily to-do lists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have a creative thought in journal making. I use my old books design the cover and stick out holiday listings and work outs. I loved your travel journal keeping out collected memories in safe. Good work. Buy Notebooks Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely. And so nice that you collect special memories in there

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...