Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Celebrating 40

And the day arrived like thunder on a summer's day (it came without warning and left just as quickly). I woke up to find that the boys had actually given the day a bit of a thought (pheeww).

They went to Hema to get some decorations, and not on my orders.


They bought an almond cake from the De Bakkerswinkel and then proceeded with the decorations. I've never been so happy about a cake, like I was when I saw this one. My wedding cake? I hated that one.


And they sang Happy Birthday (like 4 times, out of tune of course), and kissed and hugged me, and I was deliriously happy (as you can see). And then, that was it. What more can you do on a birthday? Oh, and that halo around my head was not deliberate.


We had a nice breakfast, and a nice lunch (but we usually do, everyday). No fireworks or fussing about anything. Just perfect... for me.


Can you spot the diaper on the table? So typical of us. Well, I guess that is life, and this is mine. 40 amazing years!!

I want to take this opportunity here, to thank you all for your amazing birthday wishes, and for those who sent cards or packages, know that you made my day that more perfect. THANK YOU!!

Hope you have a very happy day (it doesn't have to be your birthday right?)
Giova.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures with your family and the flower 40, hugs from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina!
      Hugs to you too, from Amsterdam!

      Delete
  2. Hope this year is filled lots of Blessing, love and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you wonderful birthday wishes!

      Delete
  3. Love that cake!!! And love that picture with the babies!!! Love you too ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best things was the cake, the best!! I love you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...