Tuesday, July 17, 2012

YELLOW Thoughts

Yellow has never been my favorite color, but for some reason I'm becoming more and more attracted to it. I have the feeling it has to do with the fact that the sun forgets Amsterdam exists. I don't know about other parts of the world, and most probably the higher you go from here the less you see the sun, also at this time, way in the south, winter has already started, so I shouldn't really complain.
I grew up thinking that July and August were about summer vacations, scorching weather and bathing suits. This perception is slowly changing just as slowly as I'm adapting to the summer here. I don't mind winters really, I actually like them, but when seasons are skipped then I have a problem! So I'm having yellow thoughts for now, just to make my day brighter!




If you are craving more yellow images go here to this wonderful blog!
This week my sister will be at Documenta, can't wait to see what that is all about. And I'll be in one my my favorite cities in the world!! So more on these next week!!


I'd love to know if certain colors evoke nice memories for you? I think just like scents do, colors can be as effective in bringing memories back!  

Have a bright and sunny time (if that doesn't happen, just wear yellow!!)
Giova.

3 comments:

  1. Brillo!!! Energia!!! Que hermoso!!!! Si!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of yellow photos. I can understand your need for warm sunny colours when the weather is so bad. I'm currently visiting Belgium and it is WINTER! Let's hope for better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian, last year was the same. It got nicer by the end of August, let's hope it gets a bit better at least before the autumn starts!! You'll be in Italy soon?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...