Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Florence of my Heart

A week ago I mentioned briefly that I was traveling to one of my favorite cities in the world. This city holds a very special place in my heart. I spent a wonderful summer there when I was 17. Supposedly learning italian, but it was mostly about meeting people and eating, well it was mostly about eating (I did gain 10 kilos in two and a half months!).  Oh! and sneaking into the pool of a hotel with a good friend. What a wonderful summer that was!

I haven't been to Florence in a quite a while, and it was wonderful being back, retracing my steps and seeing things through the eyes of my children! At the beginning I was a bit skeptical about traveling to Florence with kids, but I couldn't be more wrong! We had a blast (all of us), walking all day long until around 4pm and then going to the pool on the terrace of the hotel (the same one I used to sneak in) and then going out to eat the amazing bistecca alla Fiorentina!
The top picture is the view from the terrace of the hotel!

View from the Giardino di Bardini


Souvenirs (the bottle is Vin Santo)!
There are really so many wonderful things to do and see in Florence that four days weren't quite enough! But more on how and where we spent our days later!

Have a wonderful day wherever you are!
Giova

2 comments:

  1. no puedo creer que luca se montara al pico ese para una foto me muero del miedo... gracias por la enseñanza de la piscina (a jessica tambien le encanto jajajajaja) fue brutal todo! hoy comi cantucci y vin santo y te pense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. solo se monto ahí porque se dio cuenta que hace mucho tiempo la mama hacia las tareas ahí!! era como mi oficina, si usted me andaba buscando, ahí me encontraba!!!! ohhh la piscina, es la mas chiquita del mundo pero por alguna razón, inolvidable!!!! y el cantucci, ni se diga!! me pensaste cuando empezaste o cuando acabaste??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...