Friday, May 10, 2013

Accordion Envelope Using Paper Bags

I think I should change the name of my flat project to the envelope project. For some reason I keep coming up with envelopes, but I must admit that envelopes are a weakness. More so, than the actual writing paper. 
This is a very easy and simple project. It is a little folder where you can fit almost anything flat that you wish to send to your pen pal. And you have a nice envelope made up with all those leftover paper bags (I'm assuming you have leftover bags, but I think if you only have the brown paper kind, they will look very nice too).



Here is what you'll need:



The glue goes in 2 places: On the lower part of each bag so they get stuck together, and on the last bag which a piece of paper will be glued to make the flap of the envelope.




I haven't sent out one yet, but I don't think it needs extra protection. Seal it with wash-tape instead of the twine and you'll be set.

Wishing you a lovely and crafty weekend.
Giova.

9 comments:

  1. Very very nice. I'm amazed at all your amazing takes on an envelope. I have tons of these bags so I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must because I'm sure you'll make it very colorful. I hope you show them to me when you do.

      Delete
  2. I have so much paper I don't know what to do with. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to use all that paper, so then you can buy more, haha, that is my way of thinking!

      Delete
  3. Oh! What a creative idea! I was about to buy paper bags but I wasn't sure since I didn't know what to use them for(apart from putting things...now I know I have to buy them.¡Gracias por esta idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! What a creative idea! I was about to buy paper bags but I wasn't sure since I didn't know what to use them for(apart from putting things...now I know I have to buy them.¡Gracias por esta idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I admit I wasn't totally sure how to put it together but I think I improvised pretty well :) I sent one to my birthday twin last month full of small items and trinkets and flat things, and she adored it. Definitely a fun way to use all those treat bags I keep collecting! I've linked your tutorial on my site where I show what I made, and I'll be linking your site when I get my links page up, you have so many fun ideas! Thank you! http://busyweekends.com/notes/2014/09/03/diy-envelopes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the link, and I'm glad you found a way to make it, it is always a struggle of mine to make an easy step by step tutorial!! Happy you liked all the other ideas as well ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...