Monday, April 1, 2013

Another Type of Envelope

Hoping you had a most excellent Easter surrounded by family, and as Jillian says; with lots and lots of chocolate!!
Here is a little craft I want to leave you with, before our break. This won't take too much of your time, except the letter (of course).

This envelope or  folder or holder, I still don't know its name exactly, fits perfectly in a 23 x 16 cms envelope. It does have to go in another envelope otherwise it won't make it in one piece, (redundant, I know) but I'm pretty sure your pen pal will love it so much!

You will need:
  • A doily cut in half (for the upper and lower flaps)
  • A piece of thick paper measuring 21 x 14 cms
  • 2 pieces of paper (for the right and left flaps) measuring 21 x 7 cms each
  • Extra pieces of paper for the inside pouches
  • and washi-tape 


Envelope closed

When you open the" holder of things" you will find; a letter, tea, and a quote.


The left side holds the tea, the right side the quote, plus the date (very important for us pen pals)

This is how the back looks. Not too much decoration, but you're welcome to.

The doily is from Talking Tables, the bird paper used for the envelope is from Sukie, and the one for the letter is from Uguisu, one of my favorite web stores!!

We'll be back in a week or maybe two. My older one will be on vacation for 15 days (yes 15!!), and we are trying to figure out, how to best entertain a 2 year old and an 11 year old together. Quite, quite difficult sometimes.

Wishing you much creativity and craftiness!!
Giova

12 comments:

  1. Sencillamente ESPECTACULARES!!!! cada uno es mas lindo que el otro. Me encantan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esta bueno no? Y bien faciles de hacer!!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking so much forward to receiving this! It's so wonderful. You just keep on coming up with great snail mail ideas.
    Have a nice vacation. A letter is waiting for you, when you get there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It will be there shortly (hopefully), since lately I've been having a bit of trouble with the post!
      I hope you like it!!

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love letters with little secret pockets and pouches. I've got to get my hands on some nice coloured doilies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian!! Those doilies are very multi-use, and very beautiful. Or maybe you can dye the plain ones if you don't want to buy them!!

      Delete
  4. Wow this is such an elaborated snail mail! Love all the pouches and details! Wowwwwwww! Enjoy your time off with both your boys: I'm sure you'll have the best of times :) Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith!!! It is actually quite easy to make, and doesn't require a lot of time either, just washi-tape, haha!!

      Delete
  5. OMG Giova!! Soo pretty! I can't wait to do this for my friends!

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bree. I hope you give it a go, it is really simple, and I bet wonderful to receive!!

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty snail mail. Love the vibrant colours. Will definitely try it out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snail mail is really a wonderful thing, and if you get a chance to make it even prettier, then so much better for the receiver. Let me know how it comes out if you make it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...