Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Visiting Museo Rayo

A 3 hour road trip from Cali (which is where I'm at) and you're in Roldanillo. A beautiful town, best known for artist Omar Rayo. His amazing museum is located there; built like mexican pyramids, so all three (maybe more like 6) galleries are octagons and get lovely daylight. There is a stage and classrooms, and it is surrounded by palm trees, sculptures and other greeneries. His extensive work is admirable! He truly was an out of this world artist. Here are a few images of this lovely place!

This are the latest paintings and probably the ones that people recognize him for.

 His works on paper are amazing!!! And the museum's collection is wonderful!

This are my favorite! They are from the 60's when it was only the beginning. 


The beautiful stage!

one of his trees...


I feel totally grateful that my friend (more than my friend really: she is an incredible artist and she takes me under her wing whenever I'm in Cali- she is my mom's friend first!) took me to this magical place! I had an eye-opening experience- and who doesn't love those? I hope you get the chance to visit one day!

Have a good day!
Giannina.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great visit! Rayo's work reminds me of Vasarely (which also has a dedicated museum in Aix en Provence in France). Very graphic optical art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a beautiful day and place! You're right about Vasarely! I hadn't thought of him in so long! Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...