Friday, January 11, 2013

Anniversary Gift

This week we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. I used to look at the "list" as a sort of guide to inspire me for gift ideas for my husband.
It sort of went something like this:
  • 1st - I don't really recall, it was paper after all.
  • 2nd- For cotton we just got some cool T-shirts
  • 3rd- A small leather box for him to keep his knick-knacks. He still has it.
  • 4th- Linen shirts. We don't have them anymore.
  • 5th- The nicest bonsai which died after our first trip out of the house. Wood.
And somewhere in there is a Le Creuset pot not too big, but orange, for iron I think. Some we skipped, some we didn't bother at all.
This year it was lace. What do you get a man with that material?? And what do you get someone who has all the bow ties he'll ever wear in this lifetime? Well, you make something. In this case, I embroidered some words, and added a bit of "lace" somewhere in there.


 Pandebonos is a Colombian snack which I happen to love very much. So to me, to love him more than a thousand pandebonos is a big deal. A very big kind of love. (You can see a pandebono on this post or this other one, if you are curious).
And this is us last week. We met in high school, and I still feel most of the times like we are two teenagers playing house! Suffice to say, he makes me laugh. A LOT!!

And this is us as teenagers! You can even see the gum in my mouth!

Have a super wonderful weekend!
Giova.

18 comments:

  1. Awww that's so sweet: teenagers playing house hahaha! You both look and looked very happy. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess it is teen spirit, jaja!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Lovely gift you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! it is actually my first time embroidering something for him!

      Delete
  3. Crecer juntos!!!! Eso es bello. Con "millones" de motivos de amor y de "bordados y tejidos"........... LA VIDA ES BELLA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si es verdad! Creciendo junticos y apretaditos!!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, you're lovely together! many more years and never grow up ;) and
    your present is precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid, It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations from the Colinas Mountain !!! Wish you the best !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Horozco. The Colinas mountains sounds like a nice place, jaja!

      Delete
  6. Sweeeet! You guys look pretty happy to be together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian! We try most of the times!!

      Delete
  7. Awww I love it!!! I love you guys...thank you for Luca and Nino jajaja y tengo una foto muy buena en mi cuarto que veo todos los dias!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ayyy tan tonta!! puro blackmail, jaja!

      Delete
  8. Happy (belated) Anniversary! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JAJAJAJ. Muy buena esa foto !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, la del chicle?? Yo se, es buenisima!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...