Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Clearwater, Florida

Usually when we travel to Miami to visit my mother we don't visit any other cities. Luckily, this year my husband's friend was in Florida as well and we decided to go for a visit! The drive to Clearwater is only 4 hours and so very, very worth it! It was the week of my birthday and my one and only wish was to be able to spend most of the day swimming and watching the sunset (which I did). Since the sun doesn't set on Miami's ocean,  I was really looking forward to this. It was beautiful (I've never been to Clearwater before), and the weather cooperated every day (summer is rainy season in Florida)!
Here are some of my favorite things!

 Two friends with their sons.

 We actually got to swim with dolphins without paying. They came really close, and it was the most amazing feeling for all of us. Such a treat! Obviously the day they got close I didn't have my camera with me. The dolphins here are from another day.

 Bird watching is amazing, especially when you can get close and they don't mind.

 White and orange umbrellas looked so well together!

 Shelling is my favorite activity of all, and there were plenty of beautiful shells here.

 I don't know what it is about lifeguard stations, but I really like looking at them.

 This one (I think) doesn't hold anyone anymore, but beautiful nonetheless. 

A free turtle minding her own business, so cool!

Have a wonderful day!
Giova

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a very special trip. What's in a name: Clearwater! It all looks so pristine! Oh and did you also hear the Baywatch tune as you spotted that first lifeguard station?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaja!! Baywatch tune, I wish I 'd thought of that but I wasn't a fan of the show! Yes it was a special trip, the kind that you want to have every year!

      Delete
  2. El viaje. El paseo. Los parajes. El atardecer, los delfines, las caracolas y ese "esplendido" y maravilloso " "mar dos".................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gulf coast. My favorite thing is walking, looking, hearing and feeling the ocean in my feet. Ary H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove tha pictures! Next time can we go together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reallly like this 2,2 lifeguard station. Naturally.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...