Sunday, August 13, 2017

A paper love story

I must write this before the energy fades and/or I become too lazy....

A long while ago I won a place on an e-course. There was a competition and I was required to write a post about why I loved paper. I won!!
Apart from being a wonderful course I also became a 'member' of a Facebook group created specifically for this course. Some of us became friends, as far as the screen would allow and we were just 'there' -encouraging, asking, commenting and sharing, always sharing.

It was proposed (I think last year) that we should meet and create together. Thankfully we have in our group people with amazing organization skills and this meeting didn't end up as another dream.
Thirteen of us managed  to find our way to the Isle of Bute where one of our 'members' has an incredible studio where we could all fit.






We walked, talked, ate, visited places, laughed and cried, started many projects, shared ideas and inspired each others and talked, talked and talked.  We were there present, finally in the flesh, with no screen between us or thousand miles away. For a few days we rejoiced in the company and the bond we had created for the past 3 years.
I'm happy I made the effort and was able to be there and I'm extremely grateful to this group for being so special, so extraordinary . It was truly a joy to be there... to be part of those wonderful days.

Lots of love, the paper and friendship kind,
Giova



6 comments:

  1. Yes! A beautiful souvenir of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I felt I needed to write something about it even if my words don't do justice to the whole thing!

      Delete
  2. A very true and nice presentation of our days together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy you like it! It was really a wonderful time that need to be shared!

      Delete
  3. Jane CampbellAugust 16, 2017

    Sounds like one of life's magical experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a few very magical days!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...