Monday, September 29, 2014

Paper biennale in Rijswijk

I've mentioned a couple of times how great the paper love e-course was, right? One of the nicest things about it,  is a FB group with all the attendees. Lots of sharing, inspiration and a chance to see everyone's work.

Well, someone mentioned this exhibition and it seemed like a wonderful thing not to miss. Off I went (45 mins away from Amsterdam) to a town I've never heard off before.

It was simply amazing to be able to appreciate the bigger scale pieces, many of them mind blowing (in the sense of, how, how??).  It is paper after all, which I always tend to think of fragile. 

The museum is quite small, with a very beautiful old building on one side and a modern part on the other. Unfortunately it only has 2 big rooms (first 2 pictures) and I was left wanting to see much more than I did. 


Wade Kavanaugh & Stephen B. Nguyen
Richard Schipps
Andrée-Anne Dupuis-Bourret

Close up of the above piece - Little envelopes. Magnificent!!

Katrin Paul
I must say sorry as I forgot to write the name of each piece, but on the other hand I didn't forget the name of the artists (pheeww).

I hope you have a very creative week ahead. I plan on finishing this book that I have been postponing for such a long time (very heavy subject matter), but I love this author and can't recommend him enough.

All the best,
Giova

2 comments:

  1. Wow my kind of exhibition!!! Wish I was there! Ademas que eso lo inspira a uno tanto, es muy cool lo que se logra con papel! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive! You wouldn't expect it all to be "just" paper, indeed. Katrin Paul makes beautiful work, by the way. Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...