Friday, December 13, 2013

Gingerbread and Vitamin D

For the first time in my life, I feel absolutely indifferent about Christmas. I'm not sure if it is because the weather is making me very miserable, or I have come to a point in my life where I don't care about this holiday.

I'm hoping it is the first one, and will go out today to buy some vitamin D. My friend at Currystrumpet suggested this idea, and I'm going to follow along.

These lovely collection of gingerbread cookies are from Petit Gateau a newish cafe in town. It is a really nice place for coffee and tarts, and cookies obviously.



These images were all from yesterday, and as you can see, I went searching for the good 'ol sugar to change my outlook. Nothing much changed except that after all that sugar, my head and tummy were hurting.

I'm glad I got to see the sun these past few days. It went into hiding (AGAIN). So that is that, and it is what it is.

I wish you all a great weekend.
Giova

13 comments:

  1. Awww... really hope the vitamin D will help you to feel better! It's such a nice time of the year, but so little sunshine... I know it helps me to go outside every day (running) and soak up some light. But sometimes that's just not enough. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, there is no light, much less sun to soak up here, I think the story would be different if it were otherwise ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I hope the vitamin D cheers you up, it's been miserable weather here in the UK too. Your gingerbread men are very sweet and there are so many!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention where those gingerbread men came from ;)
      I'm hoping the vitamin D works its magic, they say Christmas is a time for miracles after all.

      Delete
  3. "milagros" en el cielo y en los aromas y en los sabores. Los colores y las caritas de los ninos. Alguna que otra "palabra" a tiempo, tambien es un "milagro"....... Me gustan las galletas, los suspiros, y esos dias.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? I wish I could pack up the sun and send it to you! Soñar no cuesta nada! Tomate la vitaminita and listen to some Bob Marley ;) divinisimas las fotos!!! Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  5. vitamina "D"...? "azuquita, canela clavo......."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about the lack of sun and not feeling happy about Christmas... But this year it's different for me! I eat a teaspoon of Arctic Cod Liver Oil with vitamin D every morning and I walk the dog twice a day. Even though it's nasty weather some days, it still helps me to get out and the dog is a good excuse:)
    Hope you cheer up soon.
    Love Puk

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are not drawn to utilizing food grade buckets and you only want to securely keep the leftovers within the deep freeze or refrigerator, an honest option would be to undertake using . food plastic packaging manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is nice article I love your writing method. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing blog about the foods and cutlery really writer have chosen the unique content in blog. here my site: the coin info

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...