Friday, September 6, 2013

Er Buchetto - The Best Porchetta in Rome

So enough about Copenhagen! It is time to go back to Rome (I wish)! I visited Er Buchetto many years ago (maybe 14 or 15?) and I couldn't wait to go back. I was a bit nervous; one, because I thought maybe it didn't exist anymore, and two, if they were still there, then the porchetta wouldn't taste the same.

Yes, they were still there and yes it tasted just the same.  And I couldn't believe that even the decoration was still the same. Pheewww.

Some things are better left how they are don't you think? When I walked in I had the feeling you get when you are home. Comfortable, reassuring, wonderful!!







I love this place.  I can't even describe to you how much. I really hope that if you are ever in Rome, you get to experience this place.

And if you don't believe me, let me tell you that this was our lunch for the 3 days we were there, and they've been in that same spot since 1890.

Er Buchetto is located at Via Viminale 2/f (a short walking distance from the train station), 00815 Rome.

Happy a wonderful weekend!!
Giova

1 comment:

  1. Y... quien comio la "crosta" .... mmm??? quien?????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...